Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Support Reckless Abandon Ethiopia - Buy A Shirt!


As we close in on our fundraising for our trip back to Ethiopia this January we've been blessed with some incredible people who have come along side us to support us through prayer, finances, and emotionally. People that love us, love Ethiopia, love orphans, and love Jesus. Some of these people are complete strangers. I'm amazed at how blog land and facebook brings people together and even more amazed to be apart of the body of Christ as we come together to support each other as we all seek out one goal of loving others well and being the hands and feet of Christ in our daily lives both here and across the globe.

Over the last few weeks I've had the privilege of getting to know Kari Gibson a bit more through email and on the phone. Kari and her husband are in the early stages of their second adoption from Ethiopia. We've talked about the Lord, learned a bit more about one another's hearts and shared some sweet stories about what God is doing in our lives. Kari and her husband also designed an amazing shirt. I love this shirt. My picky pants husband LOVES this shirt. We ordered ours immediately. I gushed about the shirt to Kari which led to further discussions which led to Kari allowing us to purchase a bunch of shirts not only for everyone going to Ethiopia with us but also to sell as a fundraiser for that trip. Isn't that amazing?!?! I remember her saying "we're all in this together" and thinking WOW. You have an amazing shirt and your willing to let me buy in bulk as a fundraiser. What a gift.

Due to our trip coming up rather quickly and us still needing some funding we are doing a limited edition pre-order shirt sale for the shirts pictured below. Need a great gift idea? You can purchase your shirt on my side bar, we will only be selling the shirts through January 6th. We'll have the shirts within a week or so of that and we'll get them mailed out before we leave so long as USPS cooperates with us. Hurry and order yours! You won't regret it. Promise. We love ours, the quality is great and the message is perfect.

ALL proceeds will go towards our trip costs, in the event that we have an excess we will be donating all of that to one of the projects we'll be working with in Ethiopia.

Without further ado, The shirts.

The men's shirt is an olive green, black writing with "Simply Love" in red on the front. A great basic T with great color and quality printing fits true to size. My husband wears a large normally and he wears a large in this shirt as well. My son is 11 and the size small fits him with plenty of room.

Men's - Front

Men's Back

The Women’s T is black with white and teal writing, super cute! The fit is longer with not a whole lot of stretch but enough to be cute. My 12 year old daughter is wearing a small with room while I chose a medium for length and a bit looser fit. I can wear a small but it is fitted. The medium is less fitted and has more length on me.

Women's Front

Women's Back


David modeling his shirt on Christmas. :)


Email me with any questions and THANK YOU for your support! erica.shubin@gmail.com

6 comments:

Kari said...

Erica,
YOU ROCK SISTER!! I pray you sell a ton of T shirts for your T Blitz!! You have an amazing heart & passion. I love the people God puts in our path for His purpose. I hope we can meet for real someday:) I will stop by often & check up on your process. OK- adoption peeps, buy some Ts today and help this amazing family's miracle adoption!! Let's give this wonderful family a WOW send off to Ethiopia!!
Love ya

emily said...

These are the BEST shirts. Already bought from Kari but will think of someone to get them for from you as well. How great is the man up and orphans are your thing comments??????

xo

Bethany said...

Praying friend!!!

Nicholas said...

AWESOME shirts... I'm going to try and post on fb...

Sarah said...

LOVE THEM!! I can't wait to get ours! sshh dont' tell Damon I got it, its going to be a surprise! Praying for you guys, and can't wait to hear how the trip goes! Love you all!

Vashti said...

Hey I just found your blog and LOVE it. Im an adoptive mum also and I really love the t-shirts. Nice to see African adoption shirts for once, most people do China or South America.
We live in South Africa nad our sons are from here.
We run an organization that cares for the AIDS orphans of The Valley of a Thousand Hills, SA.
www.project-o.org

I really am praying that you meet your goal. I will stop by (when we have some cash) and get us some tshirts.
God Bless and keep doing what you are doing.